WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII
“STAKE YOUR CLAIM IN THE WILD, WILD WEST!”
Saddle Up, Grab Your Boots and Giddy Up out to the Wild, Wild West in search of GOLD and join the Championship Festivities as the LEAGUE presents the WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII on Friday, October 6th and Saturday, October 7th at the Pepper- mill Resort Casino in Reno, Nevada!!
The League will recreate a fascinating time in American History when colorful charac- ters ruled the town and scores were settled with gun slinging and shootouts.
It’ll be a Rootin’ Tootin’ good time as Cowboys and Cowgirls from across the Ameri- can Frontier will be Hooterin’ and Hollerin’ at the O.K. Corral in the Peppermill Ranch, where they will vie for Championship Gold Titles and Pristine Awards during a 2-day Shootout Competition.
Joining us in this year’s Finals will be honorable Lawmen, daring Gunslingers, bold Out- laws, Vaqueros & Gauchos, Gold Prospectors, cunning City-slickers, Poker Gamblers and heroic Cowboys! Show up and show out and become Wild West Legends like “Billy The Kid”, “The Sundance Kid”, “Wild Bill”, “Butch Cassidy”, and “Jesse James”.
Settle things the old fashioned way in face-to-face Martial Art Shootouts with your most rivaled foe. Will you emerge when the dust settles? Can you “Stake Your Claim in the Wild, Wild West!!”?
Prep your Stagecoaches, grab your Cowboy Hats and Round up your Posse of Bandits and head out West in search of Adventure and Gold in the Wild, Wild West!!
SEMINARS & OPEN MATS BEFORE THE EVENT
OPEN MAT AT AMBA MARTIAL ARTS
World League Finals Competitors, Joji, MJ and Martin Amba of Amba’s Martial Arts of the host city Reno,NV invite you to come out a day earlier to get some sparring rounds in at their dojo. It’s a great way to loosen up and get adjusted to the high altitude before the World League Finals.
Address: 8798 Red Rock Rd, Suite 203, Reno, Nevada 89508
RSVP Phone: (775) 223-8282
WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII
Date: Friday, October 6th & Saturday, October 7th
EVENT: WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD EVENT BROCHURE & REGISTRATION FORM:2017 WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII BROCHURE
LOCATION: Peppermill Resort Casino, Reno, Nevada 2707 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
Online Link- https://aws.passkey.com/e/48959631
Phone Reservations- 1-800-282-2444
Group Code: LEAG17
$94 Friday & Saturday
$114 Friday & Saturday
$144 Friday & Saturday
AIRPORT INFORMATION: Reno Tahoe International Airport
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Attendees MUST STAY at the PEPPERMILL RESORT or pay $50.00 more per division when registering (except local attendees). The PEPPERMILL Resort is a vital component to the success of the LEAGUE FINALS. We cannot provide the spacious venue for the tournament and the Family Amenities and Activities the Hotel offers without the support of our attendees staying at the hotel.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday October 6th 11:00am
11:00am Registration Opens
12:00pm Judges, Coordinators, Scorekeepers Meeting in Main Ballroom
1:00pm Teams report to participate in RIDE ’EM HARD ROPE ’EM FAST OPENING CEREMONIES
1:30pm RIDE ’EM HARD ROPE ‘EM FAST OPENING CEREMONIES begins
2:00pm Competition Begins (Traditional Kata, Creative/Musical Katas, Weapons, Self Defense Continuous Sparring, Chess Sparring, Flag Sparring, First Timer’s Kata)
Saturday October 7th 7:30am
7:30am Registration Opens
8:00am Judges, Coordinators, Scorekeepers Meeting in Main Ballroom
9:00am Competition Begins (First Timer’s Sparring, Point Sparring)
Saturday October 7th 5:00pm
5:00pm Preferred Seating opens for Pre-Paid Reserved Seating
5:30pm Competitors/Spectators report at Check-in Registration for Open Seating
6:00pm GONE RIDIN’ CLOSING CEREMONIES begins
*All PLACING (1st,2nd,3rd) & Qualified Competitors will receive their Championship Title Awards
*Dojo Team of the Year and Top 10 Dojo Award Presentations *2017 Season MVP & Conference Player of the Year Awards
PLACES OF INTEREST IN RENO,NV
- All-You-Can-Eat Sushi (Sushi? All-You-Can-Eat? Need we say more?)
- Lake Tahoe (For incredible views, give Incline Village a look) https://tahoe.com
- Pyramid Lake (North America’s most beautiful desert lake) http://www.pyramidlake.us
- Virginia City (Old West Charm) http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com
- Black Rock Desert (Home to Burning Man) http://blackrockdesert.org/about-the-black-rock-desert-playa/
- National Automobile Museum (Over 200 vintage cars) http://www.automuseum.org
- Midtown Restaurants (Foodie’s Galore) http://www.midtowneatsreno.com
- Rock Climbing at Whitney Peak (Don’t look down) http://whitneypeakhotel.com/climbing/
- Picasso & Wine (After a few glasses, you’ll think you are Picasso) http://picasso-wine.com
- Roller Kingdom (Roll… Shake!) http://www.rollerkingdom.org
- Puzzle Room (Follow the clues, solve the mystery and maybe, just maybe, you’ll escape the room) http://www.puzzleroomreno.com
- Animal Ark Wildlife Sanctuary & Nature Center (a safe haven for injured, abandoned and otherwise non-releasable wild animals who act as ambassadors for their species) http://animalark.org
- Discovery Museum (A hands-on museum dedicated to inspiring lifelong learning in science, technology, engineering, art, math, and the world around us) https://www.nvdm.org
- Coconut Bowl (Rock and Bowl – All 40 lanes come alive every night at 5:30PM with a state of the art light and music show while you bowl) http://www.wildisland.com/coconut-bowl/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac6m43Xl9ePXFysN7h67pxoCbK7k-UsSn-VHkbGNcQtJQjBMv_xEiVBoC5soQAvD_BwE
- Scheels (How many sporting goods stores are big enough to house a roller coaster?) http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/scheels-store-rs?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac1-raeK9FnzuQNMxXevDbGrykiJnbTwV_g4k_Y0Bn9B97t8WHPxIcBoCzrUQAvD_BwE
- Cabella’s (A go-to spot for the Outdoorsman) http://www.cabelas.com/stores/Nevada/Verdi/022.jsp
- Reno Guns & Range (Training for all levels of experience) https://www.renoguns.com
- Need to Speed (45 mph Indoor Electric Indoor Kart Racing and Blacklight Racing) http://need2speed.com
- Outhouse Races in Virginia City (Yes, just what it sounds like – October 6 & 7) http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/events/world-championship-outhouse-races.html
- Amba Martial Arts Open Mat (Thursday, October 5 at 6pm) http://www.ambamartialarts.com
MAIL IN REGISTRATION CUTOFF DATES
– First Pre Reg Deadline Date: Sept 5th
– Final Pre Reg Deadline Date: Sept 20th
To Request for Info/Flyers/Mail In Registration Forms: Tony@TheLEAGUEMA.com
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: Theresa@TheLEAGUEMA.com
EVENT QUESTIONS: Sean@TheLEAGUEMA.com
IMPORTANT WORLD LEAGUE FINALS NOTES
- The RIDE ’EM HARD ROPE ‘EM FAST OPENING CEREMONIES begin Friday, October 6th at 130pm. All teams are encouraged to submit their Team Info/Entrance Music to Sean Dumlao (Sean@TheLeagueMA.com) by the Saturday evening Sept 30th deadline. You can be an army of one or an army of many to partake in the Opening Ceremonies. Please begin lining up and check in by 100pm by the Main Stage with your Team.
- Submit your Opening Ceremonies Team Registration Card and Entrance Music Here: WLF XIII Opening Ceremony Entrance Music Reg Form
- Remember, Teams are encouraged to bring Dojo Team Shirts to trade during the Closing Ceremonies for the Sportsmanship T Shirt Exchange.
- There will be other events going on simultaneously as the Martial Arts Finale. All competitors must practice inside of the Tuscany Ballroom only and not in the hallways, foyers, or lobby areas.
- Many teams will be wearing costumes for the Saturday Evening SEALING OF THE GATES Closing Ceremony. The Peppermill Resort has a strict costume policy for security reasons. All costumes must be worn inside of the Tuscany Ballroom ONLY. There cannot be any costumes/masks worn that cover the face anywhere else on the Resort Casino where the face is not recognizable. Also there are no weapons/firearm props allowed.
To Reserve an Officiating Chair in our World League Finals XIII for Traditional Katas, Creative Katas, Point Sparring, and Continuous Sparring, please email President Sean Dumlao at Sean@TheLEAGUEMA.com. Please make your commitments by September 9th, 2017 for FINALS Officiating Training purposes.
If you are interested in being apart of and being certified for the WORLD LEAGUE FINALS X Staff please email Sean Dumlao before Sept 9th.
- Referee/Staff Shirt and Information Packet.
- Referee/Staff Meeting Friday, Oct 6th at 12noon / Saturday, Oct 7th at 8:30am
- Referee/Staff Meeting will be conducted on Main Stage for Friday Afternoon and Saturday Morning
- Staff will be pre-assigned to Competition Rings. Please be on time at your assigned Ring when Competition begins.
- Assigned Back-Up Officials will be available to relieve other Referee/Staff if necessary.
- Follow 2017 LEAGUE Rules and Guidelines. Discuss all issues with Chief Arbitrator
- Provide fair and absolute unbiased attention to the Competitor.
- Be present for the “Ride ‘Em Hard, Rope ‘Em Fast” Opening Ceremonies for Officials Introductions
- Referee/Staff must wear assigned attire outlined below
DRESS CODE & ETIQUETTE:
- Referee/Staff formal attire provided/outlined by Event Coordinators
- Long dark pants or Black Gi Pants (no jeans or shorts please)
- Dark dress shoes or Martial Arts shoes
- Other unacceptable attire include: hats, sunglasses, non-referee shirts
We would like to extend our appreciation to Staff, Scorekeepers, and Referees who donate their time and martial arts expertise throughout the 2017 LEAGUE Regular Season. The success of our WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII is contingent upon capable Judges and Scorekeepers to yet again bring their knowledge and capability of the Rulebook to our Finals.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK & LOYAL SUPPORT
All volunteer League Officials attending World League Finals XIII, please contact The League at Sean@TheLeagueMA.com so way me make appropriate arrangements.
Thoroughly Review 2017 League Rulebook : http://theleaguema.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2017LEAGUERulebook.pdf
WILD WEST AFTER PARTY
Attention all WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII Attendees!!!
We invite everyone to the WLF XIII AFTER PARTY directly after the GONE RIDIN’ CLOSING CEREMONIES on Saturday Evening!!!! Stick around after all the Awards Presentations as DJ Mo-Jo spins some music to keep the celebration and party going as we close out a celebratory 2017 Season!!!!
Join us at the Tuscany Ballroom and stick around and dance, groove, and gig the night away with your teammates, family, and friends!!!!
SEEDING AND REPORTING EVENT RESULTS
Report Your Results & Submit A Points Submission Form for a Seed in the WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XIII
All players outside of Northern California Conference events must report their points by submitting a Points Submission Form Points Submission Form Link and emailing to AskTheLeagueMA@gmail.com.
Download a Points Submission Form: http://theleaguema.com/…/11/DownloadsPointSubmissionFOrm.pdf
If you competed in the following League sanctioned events you may report your results and be included in the 2017 League Point Ratings 2017 League Point Ratings :
LONE STAR CONFERENCE
Jan 21 TKO Kickoff Karate Championships
Mar 4 Showdown in H-Town
Apr 22 CenTex Open
May 6 Battle At The Bay
Jun 10 Samurai Showdown
Feb 24-26 COMPETE WORLD CLASS MARTIAL ARTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
May 21 WEST COAST NATIONALSNEVADA CONFERENCE
Aug 26 Biggest Little Martial Arts JamboreeSOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CONFERENCE
Jun 3 Orange County Open Championships
Mar 18 INTER MOUNTAIN KARATE CHALLENGEEL PASO CONFERENCE
Jul 28 Battle Of The Champions
May 19-20 PACIFIC JEWEL NATIONALSRHODE ISLAND CONFERENCE
Apr 7-9 OCEAN STATE GRAND NATIONALSNEW ENGLAND CONFERENCE
Jun 2-3 New England OpenFLORIDA CONFERENCE
Jun 30 U.S. OpenSOUTH CAROLINA CONFERENCE
Aug 18 Dixieland NationalsWASHINGTON CONFERENCE
Aug 4 U.S. Capitol Classics