LEAGUE FINALS XVII
“RELEASE THE DRAGON WITHIN. Fire. Passion. Heart.”
SEMINARS & OPEN MATS BEFORE THE EVENT
OPEN MAT AT AMBA MARTIAL ARTS: Thursday, October 21st 6pm-7:30pm
Joji, MJ and Martin Amba of Amba’s Martial Arts of the host city Reno,NV invite you to come out a day earlier to get some sparring rounds in at their dojo. It’s a great way to loosen up and get adjusted to the high altitude before the World League Finals.
Address: 8798 Red Rock Rd, Suite 203, Reno, Nevada 89508
RSVP Phone: (775) 223-8282
LEAGUE FINALS XVII
Date: Friday, October 22nd & Saturday, October 23rd
EVENT: WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XVII
WLF XVII BROCHURE: 2021 League Finals XVII Brochure & Mail In Registration Form
LOCATION: Peppermill Resort Casino (Reno, NV) [2707 S Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89502]
WLF XVII Friday Ring Assignments: Ring Assignments_ LEAGUE FINALS XVII – FRIDAY
WLF XVII Saturday Ring Assignments: Ring Assignments_ LEAGUE FINALS XVII – SATURDAY
Phone Reservations- 775-689-7145
Group Code: LLF1021
- Room Block Cutoff Date: Wednesday, September 29th
PEPPERMILL TOWER ROOMS
- Wednesday, Oct 20th: $100/night
- Thursday, Oct 21st: $100/night
- Friday, Oct 22nd: $140/night
- Saturday, Oct 23rd: $140/night
- Sunday, Oct 24th: $100/night
TUSCANY TOWER ROOMS
- Wednesday, Oct 20th: $140/night
- Thursday, Oct 21st: $140/night
- Friday, Oct 22nd: $180/night
- Saturday, Oct 23rd: $180/night
- Sunday, Oct 24th: $140/night
AIRPORT INFORMATION: Reno Tahoe International Airport
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Attendees MUST STAY at the PEPPERMILL RESORT CASINO or pay $50.00 more per division when registering (except local attendees). The PEPPERMILL Resort is a vital component to the success of the LEAGUE FINALS. We cannot provide the spacious venue for the tournament and the Family Amenities and Activities the Hotel offers without the support of our attendees staying at the hotel.
LEAGUE FINALS XVII
THE QUEST is back! The League Finals are BACK! Returning to Reno’s Peppermill Resort Casino on Friday, October 22nd and Saturday, October 23rd, the League will once again host this pristine 2-day Championships League Finals XVII Event!!
The Never Ending Journey a martial artist pursues is long, arduous, and everlasting. THE QUEST for the next challenge awaits as hundreds of Sport Martial Art Athletes convene yet again this Fall for the coveted League Championship Title Ring.
RELEASE THE DRAGON WITHIN! “Fire. Passion. Heart”.
The Peppermill Resort will be transformed into Han’s Dragon Island. Han, a renegade Shaolin Monk, has left his imprint in this year’s Finals Competition. He has laid Dragons in various forms as obstacles for competitors to overcome in their Quest for a Title Ring. The fiery and charring exhale that dragons exert will FIRE up the competition! The mythical nature of a dragon’s presence will emit PASSION and a competitive spirit in the Ring! The menacing mystique and symbolism of these large creatures will bring Heart to championship performances!
For more than two seasons the absence of the League Finals has left a clear void in competition. Competitors are eager and hungry in anticipation to resume the annual championship pursuit. THE QUEST to compete and battle yet again has brought about Thrill and Excitement back into the hearts of many!
Don’t miss out! Come to Han’s Dragon Island despite all the obstacles that may try to deter you. Be sure you take part and fulfill your destiny in your own QUEST and join hundreds of others as they try to earn the Ultimate Prize!
FIRE. PASSION. HEART…….RELEASE THE DRAGON WITHIN!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The 2021 League Awards Presentations and Title Awards Presentation will take place during the Saturday Evening “THE LAST DRAGON CLOSING CEREMONIES”.
8:00am Registration Opens
9:00am Judges, Coordinators, Scorekeepers Meeting in the Main Ballroom
10:00am Teams/Players/Coaches/Officials convene in Main Ballroom
11:00am ENTER THE DRAGON OPENING CEREMONIES begins
11:30am Competition Begins (Traditional Kata, Creative/Musical Katas, Weapons, Self Defense, Chess Sparring, Flag Sparring, First Timer’s Kata)
7:30am Registration Opens
8:00am Judges, Coordinators, Scorekeepers Meeting in Main Ballroom
9:00am Competition Begins (First Timer’s Sparring, Point Sparring)
5:00pm Preferred Seating opens for Pre-Paid Reserved Seating
5:30pm Competitors/Spectators report at Main Ballroom Front Door for Open Seating
6:00pm THE LAST DRAGON CLOSING CEREMONIES begin
- All Qualified Competitors will receive their Keepsake Qualifying Award
- 2021 Season MVP’s & Conference Players of the Year & and Imperial/Triple Crown Winners
- Divisional Title Ring Presentations
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22nd 11:00am
- Fire & Fury Ceremonial Team Introductions: Competitors and their Teams will be formally and uniquely introduced. Dojo Teams will be encouraged to bring forth their best representation and dress uniformly in their Team-themed attire. Dont forget to bring your Team Banner so you can showcase your group presence! Submit your own Team Entrance Music and walk on stage with your Team and start your weekend competition in grandeur stylishness. Teams must report to the Staging Area by 10am, Friday, October 22nd in order to partake in the Ceremonial Entrance. Show your Team Pride and ARRIVE EARLY to be apart of the memorable ceremony!!
- Age Of The Dragon All-League All-Stars Presentations: More than two dozen League competitors will receive an honorable recognition for their sensational performances throughout the regular season and receive an All League All Star Honor
- Double Dragon Oath Of Competition: A Honorary League Competitor & League Official will have the bestowed privilege for reciting the Athletic Competitive Oath & Officials Oath of Fairness, on behalf of all the competitors participating in the 15th annual League Finals
- Flight Of Falkor’s National Anthem: The American National Anthem will be performed by an honored individual as chosen by the League
- Raya’s Ceremonial Commencement Announcement: A revered honoree will make the Commencement Announcement and open the League Finals XVII.
THE LAST DRAGON CLOSING CEREMONIES
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26th 6:00pm
- Mission Of The Dragon Minimum Qualifying Point Total Award Presentation: Competitors who amassed their respective Minimum Qualifying Point Totals in their respective Conferences will be awarded with a keepsake award for their valiant efforts at League Finals XVII
- Dragon Heart’s Circle Of Honor: The League Staff will select martial artists worthy of MVP Honors in the following categories: Adult Katas, Men’s Point Sparring, Women’s Point Sparring, Junior Boys Katas, Junior Girls Katas, Junior Boys Sparring, and Junior Girls Sparring. Respective Conference Directors will also award Conference Player Awards to deserving honorees in their region.
- Khaleesi’s Triple Crown Coronation: The honorees of the Triple Crown Series will be awarded with an impressive Crown Award for their mighty accomplishments.
- Sho’Nuff The Shogun’s Showcase Of Stars: Fans will be screaming for their favorite performers as selected showcase performers will perform their Kata, Musical Creative Kata, and Fighting Skills on stage in thrilling exhibition presentations.
- The Dragon’s Quest Title Award Presentation: Valiant champions will be honored in triumphant victory with a Championship Ring. Those who prove themselves worthy during the weekend tournament challenge by winning their division(s) will be honored with a League Finals Title Award and introduced to the Closing Ceremony Audience.
PLACES OF INTEREST IN RENO,NV
- All-You-Can-Eat Sushi (Sushi? All-You-Can-Eat? Need we say more?)
- Lake Tahoe (For incredible views, give Incline Village a look) https://tahoe.com
- Pyramid Lake (North America’s most beautiful desert lake) http://www.pyramidlake.us
- Virginia City (Old West Charm) http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com
- Black Rock Desert (Home to Burning Man) http://blackrockdesert.org/about-the-black-rock-desert-playa/
- National Automobile Museum (Over 200 vintage cars) http://www.automuseum.org
- Midtown Restaurants (Foodie’s Galore) http://www.midtowneatsreno.com
- Rock Climbing at Whitney Peak (Don’t look down) http://whitneypeakhotel.com/climbing/
- Picasso & Wine (After a few glasses, you’ll think you are Picasso) http://picasso-wine.com
- Roller Kingdom (Roll… Shake!) http://www.rollerkingdom.org
- Puzzle Room (Follow the clues, solve the mystery and maybe, just maybe, you’ll escape the room) http://www.puzzleroomreno.com
- Animal Ark Wildlife Sanctuary & Nature Center (a safe haven for injured, abandoned and otherwise non-releasable wild animals who act as ambassadors for their species) http://animalark.org
- Discovery Museum (A hands-on museum dedicated to inspiring lifelong learning in science, technology, engineering, art, math, and the world around us) https://www.nvdm.org
- Coconut Bowl (Rock and Bowl – All 40 lanes come alive every night at 5:30PM with a state of the art light and music show while you bowl) http://www.wildisland.com/coconut-bowl/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac6m43Xl9ePXFysN7h67pxoCbK7k-UsSn-VHkbGNcQtJQjBMv_xEiVBoC5soQAvD_BwE
- Scheels (How many sporting goods stores are big enough to house a roller coaster?) http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/scheels-store-rs?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac1-raeK9FnzuQNMxXevDbGrykiJnbTwV_g4k_Y0Bn9B97t8WHPxIcBoCzrUQAvD_BwE
- Cabella’s (A go-to spot for the Outdoorsman) http://www.cabelas.com/stores/Nevada/Verdi/022.jsp
- Reno Guns & Range (Training for all levels of experience) https://www.renoguns.com
- Need to Speed (45 mph Indoor Electric Indoor Kart Racing and Blacklight Racing) http://need2speed.com
- Outhouse Races in Virginia City (Yes, just what it sounds like – October 6 & 7) http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/events/world-championship-outhouse-races.html
- Amba Martial Arts Open Mat (Thursday, November 1st at 6pm) http://www.ambamartialarts.com
MAIL IN REGISTRATION CUTOFF DATES
– First Pre Reg Deadline Date: September 15, 2021
– Final Pre Reg Deadline Date: September 30, 2021
To Request for Info/Flyers/Mail In Registration Forms: KNKT@comcast.net
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: TKattReg@gmail.com
EVENT QUESTIONS: Sean@TheLEAGUEMA.com
IMPORTANT WORLD LEAGUE FINALS NOTES
- The OPENING CEREMONIES begin Friday, October 22nd at 10:00am. All teams are encouraged to submit their Team Info/Entrance Music to Sean Dumlao (Sean@TheLeagueMA.com) by the deadline. You can be an army of one or an army of many to partake in the Opening Ceremonies. Please begin lining up and check in by 10:00am by the Main Stage with your Team.
- Submit your Opening Ceremonies Team Information by Saturday, October 2nd
- Email your Team Entrance Music to Sean@theleaguema.com: Info must include (1) Team/Dojo Name (2) City/State (3) Team Motto (4) A Youtube Link of your 1st Entrance Song Choice (5) A Youtube Link of your 2nd Song Choice
- Remember, Teams are encouraged to bring Dojo Team Shirts to trade during the Closing Ceremonies for the Sportsmanship T Shirt Exchange.
- There will be other events going on simultaneously as the Martial Arts Finale. All competitors must practice inside of the Ballroom only and not in the hallways, foyers, or lobby areas.
- Many teams will be wearing costumes for the Saturday Evening Closing Ceremony. The Resort has a strict costume policy for security reasons. All costumes must be worn inside of the Ballroom ONLY. There cannot be any costumes/masks worn that cover the face anywhere else on the Resort Casino where the face is not recognizable. Also there are no weapons/firearm props allowed.
To Reserve an Officiating Chair in our World League Finals XVII for Traditional Katas, Creative Katas, Point Sparring, and Continuous Sparring, please email President Sean Dumlao at Sean@TheLEAGUEMA.com. Please make your commitments by October 1st, 2021 for FINALS Officiating Training purposes.
If you are interested in being apart of and being certified for the LEAGUE FINALS Staff please email Sean Dumlao.
- Referee/Staff Shirt and Information Packet.
- Referee/Staff Meeting Friday / Saturday
- Referee/Staff Meeting will be conducted on Main Stage for Friday and Saturday Morning
- Staff will be pre-assigned to Competition Rings. Please be on time at your assigned Ring when Competition begins.
- Assigned Back-Up Officials will be available to relieve other Referee/Staff if necessary.
- Follow 2021 LEAGUE Rules and Guidelines. Discuss all issues with Chief Arbitrator
- Provide fair and absolute unbiased attention to the Competitor.
- Be present for the Opening Ceremonies for Officials Introductions
- Referee/Staff must wear assigned attire outlined below
DRESS CODE & ETIQUETTE:
- Referee/Staff formal attire provided/outlined by Event Coordinators
- Long dark pants or Black Gi Pants (no jeans or shorts please)
- Dark dress shoes or Martial Arts shoes
- Other unacceptable attire include: hats, sunglasses, non-referee shirts
We would like to extend our appreciation to Staff, Scorekeepers, and Referees who donate their time and martial arts expertise throughout the 2021 LEAGUE Regular Season. The success of our WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XVII is contingent upon capable Judges and Scorekeepers to yet again bring their knowledge and capability of the Rulebook to our Finals.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK & LOYAL SUPPORT
All volunteer League Officials attending World League Finals XVII, please contact The League at Sean@TheLeagueMA.com so way me make appropriate arrangements.
SEEDING AND REPORTING EVENT RESULTS
All players on the listed Conferences below must report their points by submitting a Points Submission Form Points Submission Form Link and emailing to Sean@theleaguema.com.
Download a Points Submission Form: http://theleaguema.com/…/11/DownloadsPointSubmissionFOrm.pdf
If you competed in the following League sanctioned events you may report your results and be included in the 2019 League Point Ratings:
SOUTH CAROLINA CONFERENCE