SEMINARS & OPEN MATS BEFORE THE EVENT
OPEN MAT AT AMBA MARTIAL ARTS
World League Finals Competitors, Joji, MJ and Martin Amba of Amba’s Martial Arts of the host city Reno,NV invite you to come out a day earlier to get some sparring rounds in at their dojo. It’s a great way to loosen up and get adjusted to the high altitude before the World League Finals.
Address: 8798 Red Rock Rd, Suite 203, Reno, Nevada 89508
RSVP Phone: (775) 223-8282
LEAGUE FINALS XV
Date: Friday, October 25th & Saturday, October 26th
EVENT: WORLD LEAGUE FINALS XV
WLF XV BROCHURE & Mail In Registration: The League Finals XV Brochure & Registration Form
LOCATION: Peppermill Resort Casino (Reno, NV)
WLF XIV Friday Ring Assignments: LEAGUE FINALS XV – FRIDAY Ring Assignments
WLF XIV Saturday Ring Assignments: LEAGUE FINALS XV – SATURDAY Ring Assignments
Online Link- https://book.passkey.com/e/49825780
Phone Reservations- 800-282-2444
Group Code: LLFXV19
- Room Block Cutoff Date:
PEPPERMILL TOWER ROOMS
- Wednesday, Oct 23rd: $80/night
- Thursday, Oct 24th: $80/night
- Friday, Oct 25th: $130/night
- Saturday, Oct 26th: $130/night
- Sunday, Oct 27th: $80/night
TUSCANY TOWER ROOMS
- Wednesday, Oct 23rd: $120/night
- Thursday, Oct 24th: $120/night
- Friday, Oct 25th: $170/night
- Saturday, Oct 26th: $170/night
- Sunday, Oct 27th: $120/night
AIRPORT INFORMATION: Reno Tahoe International Airport
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Attendees MUST STAY at the PEPPERMILL RESORT CASINO or pay $50.00 more per division when registering (except local attendees). The PEPPERMILL Resort is a vital component to the success of the LEAGUE FINALS. We cannot provide the spacious venue for the tournament and the Family Amenities and Activities the Hotel offers without the support of our attendees staying at the hotel.
LEAGUE FINALS XV
“The Final Battle. Super Heroes vs Super Villains. Choose Your Side!”
“With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.” As the era of Human Super Powers dawns upon us, so begins the battle between those that choose to use their Powers for Villainy versus those that choose to use their powers for Heroism. The Final Battle between Super Hero vs Super Villain will come to an epic conclusion as the LEAGUE presents LEAGUE FINALS XV on Friday, October 25th and Saturday, October 26th!!
A vast amount of humanoids began manifesting the mutant gene early this year. They each were blessed with super human abilities. Their outrageous capabilities include ability of Flight, Invincibility, Strength, Psychokinesis, Magic, Teleportation, Shape Shifting, Time Travel, only to name a few. For months, they have walked amongst us with their newfound powers and have chose one of two sides: The Super Villains and The Super Heroes.
The Super Villain is a team of bandits, rogue characters, and outcasts. They bring damage, chaos, and trouble whenever they appear. The Super Hero is team is admired for their brave deeds and noble qualities. They bring tranquility, peace, and unity to the world.
Throughout the year, a tumultuous battle between both sides have ensued. The League has called upon each Super Human to the League Finals to conclude an end to this year long conflict. At stake will be a Championship Ring of Empowerment to each winner. The Ring of Empowerment amplifies ones powers and transforms them into a Mega Human!!
Are you ready to test your super capabilities versus other heroes and villains?
Which side will you choose: Super Villain or Super Hero?
Join us in the Final Battle! Villains vs Heroes! Choose your side!
SCHEDUE OF EVENTS
The 2019 League Awards Presentations and Title Awards Presentation will take place during the Saturday Evening GOTHAM’S DAWN OF KNIGHT CLOSING CEREMONIES.
8:00am Registration Opens
9:00am Judges, Coordinators, Scorekeepers Meeting in the Main Ballroom
10:00am Teams/Players/Coaches/Officials convene in Main Ballroom
11:00am THE AGE OF THE INHUMANS OPENING CEREMONIES begins
11:30am Competition Begins (Traditional Kata, Creative/Musical Katas, Weapons, Self Defense, Continuous Sparring, Chess Sparring, Flag Sparring, First Timer’s Kata)
7:30am Registration Opens
8:00am Judges, Coordinators, Scorekeepers Meeting in Main Ballroom
9:00am Competition Begins (First Timer’s Sparring, Point Sparring)
5:00pm Preferred Seating opens for Pre-Paid Reserved Seating
5:30pm Competitors/Spectators report at Main Ballroom Front Door for Open Seating
6:00pm GOTHAM’S DAWN OF KNIGHT CLOSING CEREMONIES begin
- All Qualified Competitors will receive their Keepsake Qualifying Award
- 2019 Season MVP’s & Conference Players of the Year & and Imperial/Triple Crown Winners
- Divisional Title Ring Presentations
THE AGE OF INHUMANS
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25th 11:00am
THE SUMMONING CEREMONIAL ENTRANCE
Martial Artists will fill the city streets of Gotham and be formally and uniquely introduced. Dojo Teams will be encouraged to bring forth their best representation and dress uniformly in their Team-themed attire. Dont forget to bring your Team Banner so you can show your group presence! Submit your own Team Entrance Music and walk on stage with your team and start your Weekend Competition in grandeur stylishness. Teams must report to the Staging Area by 10am, Friday, October 25th in order to partake in the Ceremonial Entrance. Show your Team Pride and ARRIVE EARLY to be apart of the memorable ceremony!!
PROFESSOR XAVIER’S ALL LEAGUE ALL-STARS OF THE GIFTED
More than two dozen League competitors will receive an honorable recognition for their sensational performances throughout the regular season and receive an All League All Star Honor.
THE LASSO OF TRUTH’S OATH OF COMPETITION
A Honorary League Competitor & League Official will have the bestowed privilege for reciting the Athletic Competitive Oath & Officials Oath of Fairness, on behald of all the competitors participating in the 15th annual League Finals.
CAPTAIN AMERICA’S RED, WHITE, AND BLUE
The American National Anthem will be performed by an honored individual as chosen by the League.
THE INFINITY STONES COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
A revered honoree will make the Commencement Announcement and open the League Finals XV. Thanos will use the Time Gem to manipulate the flow of time and allow the competitors to begin the battle for the Rings of Empowerment!
GOTHAM’S DAWN OF KNIGHT
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26th 6:00pm
THE GUARDIANS UNIVERSAL PRESENTATION
Competitors who amassed their respective Minimum Qualifying Point Totals in their respective Conferences will be awarded with a keepsake award for their valiant efforts at the League Finals XV.
KRYPTON’S CIRCLE OF HONOR
In order to win a 2019 League MVP Award, recipients must consistently be amongst the best performers throughout the regular season. The League Staff will select martial artists worthy of MVP Honors in the following categories: Adult Katas, Men’s Point Sparring, Women’s Point Sparring, Junior Boys Katas, Junior Girls Katas, Junior Boys Sparring, and Junior Girls Sparring. Respective Conference Directors will also award Conference Player Awards to deserving honorees in their region.
THE ROYAL ASGARDIAN CORONATION
The honorees of the Imperial Crown Series in Northern California Conference and the Triple Crown Series in the Lone Star Conference will be awarded with a impressive Crown Award for their mighty accomplishments.
S.H.I.E.L.D.’s SHOWCASE OF STARS
Fans will be screaming for their favorite performers as selected showcase performers will perform their Kata, Musical Creative Kata, and Fighting Skills on stage in thrilling exhibition presentations.
RING OF EMPOWERMENT AWARD PRESENTATION
Valiant Super Humans will be honored in triumphant victory with a Championship Ring of Empowerment. Those who prove themselves worthy during the weekend tournament challenge by winning their division(s) will be honored with a League Finals XV Title Award and introduced to the Closing Ceremony Audience.
All Division Winners during the Friday Evening and Saturday Daytime Eliminations are to report to the Staging Area for the Ceremonial Staging at 5:30pm Saturday Evening at the Competition Ballroom
PLACES OF INTEREST IN RENO,NV
- All-You-Can-Eat Sushi (Sushi? All-You-Can-Eat? Need we say more?)
- Lake Tahoe (For incredible views, give Incline Village a look) https://tahoe.com
- Pyramid Lake (North America’s most beautiful desert lake) http://www.pyramidlake.us
- Virginia City (Old West Charm) http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com
- Black Rock Desert (Home to Burning Man) http://blackrockdesert.org/about-the-black-rock-desert-playa/
- National Automobile Museum (Over 200 vintage cars) http://www.automuseum.org
- Midtown Restaurants (Foodie’s Galore) http://www.midtowneatsreno.com
- Rock Climbing at Whitney Peak (Don’t look down) http://whitneypeakhotel.com/climbing/
- Picasso & Wine (After a few glasses, you’ll think you are Picasso) http://picasso-wine.com
- Roller Kingdom (Roll… Shake!) http://www.rollerkingdom.org
- Puzzle Room (Follow the clues, solve the mystery and maybe, just maybe, you’ll escape the room) http://www.puzzleroomreno.com
- Animal Ark Wildlife Sanctuary & Nature Center (a safe haven for injured, abandoned and otherwise non-releasable wild animals who act as ambassadors for their species) http://animalark.org
- Discovery Museum (A hands-on museum dedicated to inspiring lifelong learning in science, technology, engineering, art, math, and the world around us) https://www.nvdm.org
- Coconut Bowl (Rock and Bowl – All 40 lanes come alive every night at 5:30PM with a state of the art light and music show while you bowl) http://www.wildisland.com/coconut-bowl/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac6m43Xl9ePXFysN7h67pxoCbK7k-UsSn-VHkbGNcQtJQjBMv_xEiVBoC5soQAvD_BwE
- Scheels (How many sporting goods stores are big enough to house a roller coaster?) http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/scheels-store-rs?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac1-raeK9FnzuQNMxXevDbGrykiJnbTwV_g4k_Y0Bn9B97t8WHPxIcBoCzrUQAvD_BwE
- Cabella’s (A go-to spot for the Outdoorsman) http://www.cabelas.com/stores/Nevada/Verdi/022.jsp
- Reno Guns & Range (Training for all levels of experience) https://www.renoguns.com
- Need to Speed (45 mph Indoor Electric Indoor Kart Racing and Blacklight Racing) http://need2speed.com
- Outhouse Races in Virginia City (Yes, just what it sounds like – October 6 & 7) http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/events/world-championship-outhouse-races.html
- Amba Martial Arts Open Mat (Thursday, November 1st at 6pm) http://www.ambamartialarts.com